[Wactclc-alma] Reloan Limit

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue May 22 09:38:18 PDT 2018

Just FYI, this is a new feature as of the May release.

Looks pretty straightforward.

You can block the simultaneous loan of an identical title (parallel), or more restrictively, you can block the re-loan of a recently returned title to the same patron within a given time window.

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Release_Notes/010_2018/08_May_2018/Alma_May_2018_Release_Notes/04Fulfillment_-_May_2018_Enhancements#New_Re-loan_Limit

Would be a good option for things like laptops or textbooks, where you want to prevent "hoarding" by patrons.

Probably the biggest consideration, items need to be on the same title record for the policy to apply.

So, if you have separate title records for each chromebook, for example, you'll need to put them all on the same title record.

And certainly, if someone wants to present their application or use-case of this, or another other Alma feature, that is always a welcome addition to the weekly calls.