[Wactclc-alma] Record type display field in Primo

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue May 15 18:23:07 PDT 2018

Paula,

That info is ultimately derived from the Leader/06 of the record in Alma.

Short answer is... change the Leader/06 in the record to "g - Projected Medium", and you should get your desired result.

Longer answer:

In Primo (pre-VE; not sure about Primo VE), Primo normalization can be used to normalize the 06 into something else.

Most typically, normalization is used by institutions to merge multiple material types into a single Primo resource type.

Some resources from ExL, if you want to read further:

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Knowledge_Articles/What_determines_material_type_in_titles_list%3F

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/040Resource_Management/080Configuring_Resource_Management/180Configuring_Physical_Item_Material_Type_Descriptions

And a more in depth discussion of how resource types are handled in Primo normalization:

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Training/Ask_the_Primo_Expert/9997_Resource_Types_-_All_You_Need_to_Know