[Wactclc-alma] Adding a widget to the dashboard

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Thu Mar 8 09:32:19 PST 2018

Thanks, Laura and Paula!!

Elena

Elena Bianco

Systems & Technical Services Librarian

Skagit Valley College Library

From: Wactclc-alma <wactclc-alma-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> on behalf of Staley, Laura <lstaley at rtc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:29 AM
To: WACTCLC Alma Discussion
Subject: Re: [Wactclc-alma] Adding a widget to the dashboard

Creating a Widget in Alma

Before you create a widget, you will need to choose or create a report in Analytics that gathers the information you want in the widget, and save the report in the YourCollege/Reports folder.

Creating an analytics object

At Alma main page, click on Gear icon in upper right hand menu, to open up Configurations screen.

Click on Analytics tab.

Click on Analytics Object List.

Click on Add New Analytics Object in upper right hand corner.

Fill in form:

·         Descriptive Title.

·         Choose Analytic Folder “Renton Technical College/Reports” This will in-fill options in Name field.

·         Choose the name of the report you made in Analytics for the name field.

·         Specify that the type is widget

·         Description can be long if needed.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3B6BF.ED34B6E0]

Click on + in lower right to add roles. Add any role that you think might find the widget useful.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D3B6BF.ED34B6E0]

Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner of the form.  You will be taken back to the Analytics Object List, where you should see your new widget.

Click on Back to go back to Alma main page.  Click on the large plus sign in the upper right hand corner. This will open the Manage Widgets box.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D3B6BF.ED34B6E0]

Make sure the box next to the widget you just made is checked. Close the box by clicking on the x in the upper right-hand corner.  The widget should now appear on your main page.

[cid:image004.png at 01D3B6BF.ED34B6E0]