[Wactclc-alma] manual bib record deletions

Cara Beth Stevenson cara.stevenson at ghc.edu
Tue Mar 6 11:33:55 PST 2018

Can anyone suggest an efficient way to delete bib records from Alma?

I have discovered in the GHC catalog a whole slew of mostly electronic records with no inventory. Aargh.
I exported the results to Excel for my working list.
I search by the vendor's record number, verify the title, and click Edit Record so I can delete the record in the MD Editor screen.
I confirm the delete request then click Back to return to the results screen.
Sometimes the result screen still displays the record that I just "deleted" - this time with an Update Date of today's date!

"before" screen shot:

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D3B53E.F1C66FF0]

"after" screen shot with today's date:

[cid:image004.png at 01D3B53E.F1C66FF0][cid:image008.jpg at 01D3B53E.F1C66FF0]

This happens about 60-70% of delete actions! It's maddening!
If anyone knows of a better way to handle deletes, I would really appreciate hearing it.

Thanks,
Cara Beth Stevenson
Library & Archive Paraprofessional
for Technical Services