[Wactclc-alma] Fulfillment Unit Rules and their location on the table

Stephanie Levesen Stephanie.Levesen at skagit.edu
Thu Mar 15 14:42:59 PDT 2018

Hi,

We had an unusual situation come up today.  I checked in an overdue weekly laptop and the student should have received a $2.00 fine.  Yet, when I checked it in, the fine didn't show up.  It showed up on the return screen in the patron's record like it should have been there (see screenshot below), but it didn't populate to the record.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D3BC6B.E9170980]

When I checked the fulfillment config utility to make sure the policies were correct (even though we haven't changed the policy for the laptops) and the utility config showed that it was under the following:

Fulfillment Unit: Reserves
Fulfillment Unit Rule: 3 week reserve
Terms of use Name: 3 week circulating

Now the funny thing is is that Elena and I created a 3 week reserve fulfillment Unit rule yesterday because an instructor brought in a bunch of materials that classes are going to check out and we wanted to give them the same TOU as the 3 week circulating but have them under the reserve unit since the location will be "circulation desk" since they're shelved behind the desk.

When I scanned the laptop in the fulfillment config (as explained above) and it showed the 3 week reserve/circulating I went to configuration and looked at the fulfillment unit rules and the 3 week reserve was ABOVE the weekly student laptop rule.

I moved it down one, so it is now below the weekly student laptop, then went back to the fulfillment config utility and scanned the laptop in and now it shows the correct fulfillment unit, rule and TOU:

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D3BC6B.E9170980]

So I'm just curious as to how you figure out when you create a unit rule where it goes in the list, and why when we created the 3 week reserve it replaced the weekly laptop unit rule and TOU even though those had been set for a while.  Is it because it was above it rather than below it?  Or is there some other reason?

Thanks,
Stephanie

Stephanie Levesen
Periodicals/ILLs/Circulation