[Wactclc-alma] Problems with Description templates

Wall, Miriam mwall at olympic.edu
Tue Mar 13 11:27:49 PDT 2018

I am having a problem with description templates.  They had all been working very well, but just in the last week or so (maybe since the last update?) I am suddenly having problems with some of them.
An example:  I have a pattern v. no. , year Fall.  I use it for Journal of the West.  What I would expect to see is v. 56, no. 4 2017 Fall.
[cid:image011.jpg at 01D3BABE.511B42D0]
  That is how it worked for the winter issue that we previously checked in ( with a winter rule of course).  The show template button at the bottom of the description Template setup page shows v. {EnumA}, no. {EnumB} {ChronL} Fall.
[cid:image003.png at 01D3BABD.2025CD90]
  Yet when I actually generate the description for the issue it comes out as v. 56, no. 4.
[cid:image012.png at 01D3BABE.511B42D0][cid:image013.jpg at 01D3BABE.511B42D0]
I have also looked at the order of the rules, and this rule is the highest one that the input would fit, so I do not believe that the order of rules is an issue here.

[cid:image014.png at 01D3BABE.511B42D0][cid:image015.png at 01D3BABE.511B42D0][cid:image016.jpg at 01D3BABE.511B42D0]
This is not the only pattern I'm having trouble with.  Some patterns are working fine, and others are not.
 I am thinking it may be a problem with Alma since it is not doing what the template description says it will do.

Miriam Wall
Haselwood Library
Olympic College
1600 Chester Ave.