[Wactclc-alma] Configuring my new Symbol LS2208 barcode scanners

Dale Burke dburke at email.edcc.edu
Mon Mar 12 12:02:43 PDT 2018

I don't know if any of you have encountered a problem when trying to
configure your Symbol LS2208 barcode scanners?

I have gone through the Quick Start guide for the LS2208, and then enabled
Codabar (Any Length).

When I scan the barcode I get an "a" at the beginning of the barcode and a
"b" at the end of the barcode.  If I enable Codabar (One Discrete Length),
setting the discrete length to 14, the barcode doesn't read at all.

Any ideas?

Dale Burke
Technical Services Librarian
20000 68th Ave. W