[Wactclc-alma] Rolling Over Courses

George Babcock george.babcock at email.edcc.edu
Thu Jun 21 16:17:22 PDT 2018

Hi all,

When we set up our course reserves at Edmonds, we set the course expiration
date to be a year out.  This we thought would ensure a yearly review and
maintainence of our reserve collection.  So as it is now, all our reserve
courses are set to expire tomorrow, June 22nd.  When the course is expired,
I am pretty sure that it is not published in Primo.  So, we need to get
them updated.

I have found ways to batch update the "due back dates" in both the item
records and reading lists of our reserves.  But I cannot find a batch job
for updating course expiration dates.  What I do find is the process of
"rolling over" courses.  The documentation reads:  *If you know how to map
between the old and new years' course codes, you can roll over courses, in
bulk, from one year to the next using the course loading integration
profile.*  I do not think we have set up a course loading integration
profile.

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Product_Documentation/010Alma_Online_Help_(English)/030Fulfillment/060Courses_and_Reading_Lists/020Managing_Courses#Rolling_Over_Courses

Is anybody doing course roll over?  Have others found different ways to
update your course expiration dates?

In the mean time, we will adjust the expiration dates one by one (starting
with classes being taught this summer).

Thanks in advance for any advice,

George

--