[Wactclc-alma] Emeritus Faculty and Staff

George Babcock george.babcock at email.edcc.edu
Thu Jun 14 15:11:04 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Earlier this year, Edmonds started to award retiring faculty and staff the
status of Emeritus.  (Dale was awarded emeritus status this week.)  So, we
have created a new user group "Emeritus Faculty and Staff" and associated
the group to proper fulfillment units/rules.  This user group has the same
rights and privileges as normal faculty and staff.  Since these patron
records will no longer be included in our PPMS loads, we have toggled these
users to internal accounts and set an expiration date to far into the
future.

I think we have the basic infrastructure set up for the user group, but
perhaps we have missed something?  Does anybody else deal with emeritus
faculty and staff?  Any best practice suggestions for maintaining these
patron records?  All constructive comments are welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

George

--
George Babcock