[Wactclc-alma] Reloan Limit

Lesley Caldwell LCaldwell at pierce.ctc.edu
Wed Jun 6 10:26:20 PDT 2018

Hi all,

For those that are curious, Pierce College set-up a Reloan Limit yesterday and it appears to be "working."  Our circ supervisor got a block message when she tried checking out a Chromebook to a student who had just returned one this morning, and did have the option to override.

There are limitations though! As you can see in the message below (and like Wade said earlier), it only blocks items that have the same title. Meaning, I could try to checkout a laptop instead of a Chromebook, and Alma would be none the wiser.

[cid:image001.png at 01D3FD77.665AD240]

Here's how we set it up:

In Fulfillment config, Advanced Policy Configuration, we created a Reloan Limit.
[cid:image005.jpg at 01D3FD80.CF015A90]

We added that limit to our 7 Day Student Media Equipment TOU
[cid:image006.png at 01D3FD80.CF015A90]

We also updated our Block Preferences table so that the limit would be overridable:
[cid:image004.png at 01D3FD80.1ADB0980]

So this doesn't solve our problem completely, but it's a step in the right direction!
Lesley