[Wactclc-alma] Overnight reserves

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Wed Jul 25 16:53:26 PDT 2018

Sally,

I really don't think you can make Alma work that way.  Like you point out, you're asking Alma to treat something as a 2 hour loan during part of the day, but then treat it like a 6 hour+ loan later in the day.

Why don't you change most of your 2-hour loans to 4-hour loans?  I'm guessing that if you give the 4 hour loans a 2 hour grace period, this will get you a little closer to the behavior you want.  If you think about it, you're already giving these things a 4-6 hour loan period anyway.  You may as well set Alma up to do what you're *really* doing rather than what you *say* you're doing.

You could keep a few copies as 2-hour loans (overnight or not) for the high demand titles.

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager
Seattle Colleges
kirsti.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu