[Wactclc-alma] Student Workers showing as Staff in Alma

Lesley Caldwell LCaldwell at pierce.ctc.edu
Mon Jul 30 12:55:43 PDT 2018

Hi all,

This is something I think I've brought up before, and there might not be a solution. However, we are continually finding student workers who Alma has dedicated as Staff. I'm fairly certain this is an issue with how our HR team is coding students. This even happened with a student who was volunteering in a lab.

It's also inconsistent with some student workers having the correct "Student" designation. The only solution we have found is to call HR each time we come across an account like this and see if they can recode the student.

One issue that can happen when a student gets uploaded as staff is that their contact info (email address) disappears.

Do any of you have a workaround for this?

Thanks!
Lesley

Lesley Caldwell

Systems and Instruction Librarian