[Wactclc-alma] End of year stats

Lynn Robinson LRobinson at btc.edu
Wed Jan 3 11:58:37 PST 2018

FYI

From: Wactclc-alma [mailto:wactclc-alma-bounces at lists.ctc.edu] On Behalf Of Guidry, Wade
Sent: Monday, July 3, 2017 2:59 PM
To: 'WACTCLC Alma Discussion' <wactclc-alma at lists.ctc.edu>
Subject: Re: [Wactclc-alma] End of year stats

Firstly, can anyone post to the list a past example the report or reports Traci is referring to?

Meanwhile, just as a sample to start from for doing year-end statistics, I created a simple Pivot Table circulation report for FY 2017.

I placed the report in Analytics, under Folders/Shared Folders/Community/WACTC/Reports.

The report is called "FY 2017 Circulation (Alma only; does not include Voyager)".

You can copy this report to an institutional folder (right-click / copy / paste), and use it as a starting point for similar or additional reports.

You should be able to open the report in your environment, and see your own data in the report template I created.

Note that this report uses the pivot table feature, available under the 'views' menu Alma. Pivot tables are handy to generate more concise views of reports than the standard table view. Pivot tables in analytics are analogous to the same concept in MS Access or Excel. Here's a pivot table quick start for analytics made during my Alliance days: https://www.orbiscascade.org/file_viewer.php?id=3599

This particular report includes patron groups, locations (usually a good proxy for material type), and loans. (Note that item policies in Alma are really for driving circulation rules, not inventory management. As such, item counts by item policies will probably not be particularly useful. Better to use shelf location. Or 'material type', which is in bibliographic details and uses MARC leader data.)

I did *not* include in-house loans in my template, and I did *not* filter out renewals (which may be desirable in some cases).

Since tomorrow (July 4) is a holiday, we won't have a C1 / C2 call, but we can discuss this report template, and others like them, in future meetings.

[Title: Big Bend Community College Logo]

Big Bend Community College

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu>

Big Bend Community College * 7662 Chanute Street NE * Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299