[Wactclc-alma] How to separate semicolon delimited values to separate columns in Alma Analytics

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Mon Feb 5 23:55:54 PST 2018

Related to our discussion last week about having multiple OCLC numbers in the Network Number field and, I just ran across this presentation from Yoel about:

How to separate semicolon delimited values to separate columns<https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/@api/deki/files/48771/Analytics_-_How_to_separate_semicolon_delimited_values_to_separate_columns.pptx?revision=1> in Alma Analytics

It's on a web page with a  bunch of other Analytics tips:

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Training/Extended_Training/Presentations_and_Documents_-_Analytics

The only caveat is that you have to know how many separate columns you're going to end up with.  But you might be able to pair this with some SQL to count the number of<https://www.toadworld.com/platforms/ibmdb2/b/weblog/archive/2016/06/22/using-sql-functions-to-count-the-number-of-character-occurrences> semicolons in the field. (although using Text-To-Columns in Excel may be quicker and easier)

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager
Seattle Colleges
kirsti.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu