[Wactclc-alma] End/Beginning of Quarter Tasks

Traci Taylor ttaylor at btc.edu
Mon Dec 10 10:23:17 PST 2018

Thank you, Wade. :)

From: Wactclc-alma <wactclc-alma-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> On Behalf Of Guidry, Wade
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2018 10:10 AM
To: WACTCLC Alma Discussion <wactclc-alma at lists.ctc.edu>
Subject: Re: [Wactclc-alma] End/Beginning of Quarter Tasks

I found the attached document (which I believe was started at BTC), from May 2017.

Meanwhile, don't get lost in the details.

End of quarter (or week, or year) tasks in Alma are going to be conceptually similar to the tasks needing completion or any other ILS you've used.

And even conceptually similar to tasks needed for libraries that operate completely manually.

With Stephanie's addition of updating closure dates (which could be an annual task) and potentially reviewing patrons with blocks, I think this thread has captured the highlights.

With the two that will 'break' your library if you don't do them:

-Updating extract scripts (not new for most of you that were on Voyager previously)
-Updating end of quarter due dates in Alma (same as you would do with any ILS)

http://www.wactclc.org