[Wactclc-alma] E-Usage reports

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Apr 25 08:39:58 PDT 2018

For journals, JR1 (Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Month and Journal) is one of the standard reports.

JR4 (Total Searches Run By Month and Collection) is another common COUNTER report for journals.

For ebook and database content, COUNTER offers other standard reports.

This page lists most of the standard reports:

https://www.projectcounter.org/code-of-practice-sections/usage-reports/

The IPEDS instructions (https://surveys.nces.ed.gov/ipeds/VisForms.aspx?survey=15&form=103&index=0&ri=0&show=all&instid=30103 ) seem to reference BR1 and MR1 for books and media, but doesn't list specific COUNTER reports for journals.

Though, they do say:

      Report usage of digital/electronic titles whether viewed, downloaded, or streamed. Do not include e-serials and institutional repository documents.

Which would be the JR1 reports.

Big Bend Community College
mailto:wadeg at bigbend.edu509.760.4474
http://www.bigbend.edu/ Big Bend Community College * 7662 Chanute Street NE * Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299