[Wactclc-alma] Closed Library Due Date Management

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue Apr 24 09:45:19 PDT 2018

You could just set library open time to noon in Alma.

But that would have side effects, depending on whether you charge any hourly fines, or short duration loan periods.

Since you open at 7am, if you have any loan periods shorter than 5 hours, checking out items in the morning while the library is 'technically closed' might result in some unintended due date / times.

The library in Alma being 'closed' vs 'open' doesn't prevent circulation, or other activity. It's more about determining due dates / times.