[Wactclc-alma] {Disarmed} JSTOR Open Access Books

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Sep 28 10:45:33 PDT 2017

It’s really going to depend on how JSTOR plans on treating the metadata. Are they adding it to paid-subscription collections, for distribution as part of those collections?

Or, is it more of a one-off on JSTOR’s part.

In any case, the 4 titles that appear on their sample list (https://about.jstor.org/whats-in-jstor/books/open-access-books-jstor/?cid=eml_jb_RANDOA_09_2017&utm_term=2%2C171%20Open%20Access%20ebooks&utm_campaign=eml_jb_RANDOA_09_2017&utm_content=email&utm_source=Act-On+Software&utm_medium=email )

Are all already in the PCI collection called:

DOAB Directory of Open Access Books: Full Text

The collection above, which I know some institutions have activated already, contains about 7,000 open access ebook titles.

When I get a chance, I’ll compare the DOAB title list and the JSTOR title list, and report back on whether DOAB is already a more complete open access collection.