[Wactclc-alma] Simultaneous Delete Alma/OCLC Holdings

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Sep 6 09:43:33 PDT 2017

Lynn and all,

To be honest, for 100 titles a quarter, or even for a one-time 500 title deletion, I don't think it would be worth setting up the automated OCLC process.

For those kinds of numbers, it's easy enough to run an analytics report in Alma of the OCLC numbers of withdrawn records in a given period (or as a one-time thing), and pasting those into the batch holdings function in Connexion.

That would be easier than monitoring an automated process on an ongoing basis, to make sure it does what it's supposed to do.

You could run an analytics report in the Titles subject area, filtering on "Lifecycle" equals 'deleted', include the bibliographic id (OCLC #), and also filter on modification date, to group deletions by when they occurred.

You could then grab those OCLC numbers, and paste them into Batch / Holdings by OCLC Number in Connexion, and run them as a deletion on your symbol.

That would be a lot simpler than managing on ongoing automated job, since the automated job has a lot of things you need to watch out for.

I'm happy to walk through this with anyone interested.

[Title: Big Bend Community College Logo]

Big Bend Community College

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu/>

Big Bend Community College * 7662 Chanute Street NE * Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299

WACTCLC Alma Instance: Alma NA02<http://status.exlibrisgroup.com/>
WACTCLC Primo Instance: Primo NA08<http://status.exlibrisgroup.com/>