[Wactclc-alma] Alma Login Trouble for External Users

Ryer Banta ryer.banta at centralia.edu
Thu Sep 7 14:35:33 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Maybe one of you has run into this and can point out what I've missed or what else I should try. I'm just getting back into the swing of things, so maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Over the last few weeks several of our library employees have run into problems logging into Alma with their external user identities. It seems like authentication with ADFS is working on the institution side, but then Alma says they have no authorization. Previously, most of our employees were able to login with their institution credentials, but there were some fringe cases where some where completely unable to login. Now it seems like no one is able to login this way (although right now I have a limited number of people to test with).

I have double checked the user roles, they are all active and don't seem to have any looming expiration dates. And the users themselves haven't expired.

Maybe unrelated, but the only changes that have happened are that our users have fairly recently changed their passwords and the academic term dates have changed. I can't think of any other changes that may be at play here.

I have also tried removing all Alma roles and re-adding them. I have also tried toggling user type to internal and back to external.

Thanks,
Ryer Banta
Information Literacy and Technology Librarian
360-623-8121
Ryer.Banta at centralia.edu<mailto:Ryer.Banta at centralia.edu>
Centralia College