[Wactclc-alma] Alma Holdings: Displays 2 holdings (physical items) for one item

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Fri Oct 6 09:47:52 PDT 2017

HI Traci:

I ran into this too. What I'm thinking is that Alma will retain the original location in instances where there is a Temporary Location, and for some reason it shows you the two holdings - the permanent one (Shelf), and then the temporary one (Reserves)  The temporary location is what appears in Primo. Then, when you get rid of the temporary record, the original is retained. I find it very distracting to see both of them in Alma, and am having to train myself to look at the Item availability column.  I don't know if there's a way to suppress the display of the permanent location, but I really wish there were...

Elena Bianco, Technical Services Librarian

Norwood Cole Library, Skagit Valley College

Google can bring you back 100,000 answers; a librarian can bring you back the right one. -- Neil Gaiman