[Wactclc-alma] Adding portfolios to a Local Electronic Collection

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Tue Oct 31 11:12:32 PDT 2017

Our Ex Libris Implementation team gave us a PowerPoint on managing electronic resources that included brief instructions on adding portfolios to local electronic collections.  I've posted it on my work Google Drive.

See slides 39-41:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8l-MwEHGHQyanRTZ0xMYWN0cDQ/view?usp=sharing

If you don't already have existing portfolios, the easiest thing to do is to set up an import profile to link portfolios to a collection during import.

If you already have existing portfolios in Alma, the the easiest thing to do is to get all of them into a Set.  Once you have your set, navigate to the record for your local electronic collection.  Inside the collection record is a button to "Add from Set."  Click it and magic happens. :)

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager
Seattle Colleges