[Wactclc-alma] processing a lost order in Alma

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Wed Nov 15 12:11:22 PST 2017

We haven't experienced this at Seattle Colleges, but Patricia Naylor, our acquisitions lead, and I came up with this idea:

*       Add a note to the POL explaining what happened.
*       Receive the title as if you had the book in hand and assign a barcode to the item record. Immediately set the Process Status of the item to be "Missing."  Add an Internal Note to the item record explaining what happened.
*       During the invoice process, add a note to the invoice explaining what happened.

We're interested in seeing what other libraries might do in this situation.

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas
Library Technical Services Manager
Seattle Colleges