[Wactclc-alma] How to send Alma letters to a patron without email address

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Nov 8 09:31:32 PST 2017

Just to be clear about Alma functionality...

In the overdue and lost loan profile, if you select "both" for "letter send format", then emails will be sent to patrons with preferred email addresses. And letters will be printed for *all* patrons covered by that profile (even those with preferred email addresses).

And when you select "both", you can also select which configured printer to print the notices to.

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Alma/Knowledge_Articles/%22Letter_Send_Format%22_functionality_when_configuring_Overdue_and_Lost_Loan_Profiles

The issue, if you have email addresses for lots, but not all, of your users, is that configuring "letter send format" to both prints out a lot of notices that will be emailed anyway.

[Title: Big Bend Community College Logo]

Big Bend Community College

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu/>

Big Bend Community College * 7662 Chanute Street NE * Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299

WACTCLC Alma Instance: Alma NA02<http://status.exlibrisgroup.com/>
WACTCLC Primo Instance: Primo NA08<http://status.exlibrisgroup.com/>