[Wactclc-alma] Audit trail patron update

Whittaker, Shellie ShellieW at bigbend.edu
Thu Nov 2 11:38:40 PDT 2017

Sally, you posted your message to the Primo list, but I'm switching it over to the Alma list.

I think you did mention this problem in one of the meetings.

I can speculate a bit, but we'll need Wade to speak to options for a solution.

I agree with you...it's dumb a fairly useless waste of screen real estate to have the constantly updating "registration date."  And as you say, it's polluting the audit trail.

It appears to come from the Registrar's office so it's reasonable to assume that it represents the date the student registered for classes.  In that sense it is totally inaccurate.  Dale pointed out that Edmond's chooses to interpret it as the update date, which is what it actually is.  But that data is also embedded elsewhere in the record.

We can be pretty confident that this oddly placed/labeled data results from the way data in the output from the LG321 job maps to Alma.

That said, it might be difficult to get it changed.  Probably not impossible, but it might take some heavy lobbying.

I think at least one college is massaging the LG321 output file before it is ingested by Alma.  Maybe a similar approach could be used for this issue.

Shellie Whittaker
WACTC Library Consortium
shelliew at bigbend.edu<mailto:shelliew at bigbend.edu> | (360) 452-5264