[Wactclc-alma] Replace / Overlay bib record

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Mar 2 15:31:17 PST 2017

Paula,

A bit more follow-up… (and thanks for using our Alma list ☺ )   Is the import profile you are using the “load bib records from OCLC” profile?

If so, I think the problem is that your physical source format is set to XML.  This is an easy setting to overlook, and catches a lot of people at first.

Change that setting to ‘binary’, and I think you’ll have better luck.

Regular marc records (as downloaded from Connexion) are binary format, rather than XML. (MARC records in XML format are not generally in common use for regular cataloging, at least in my experience. So having to make a choice between binary and XML format is a bit of a new thing for most of us.)

[cid:image001.png at 01D29369.DAF40500]

Wade Guidry - wadeg at bigbend.edu<mailto:wadeg at bigbend.edu>
Library Consortium Services Manager
Washington Community & Technical Colleges Library Consortium (WACTCLC)
(509) 760-4474