[Wactclc-alma] Replace / Overlay bib record

George Babcock george.babcock at email.edcc.edu
Wed Mar 1 21:49:37 PST 2017

Hi Paula,

At Edmonds, I set up a specific import profile for these kind of
situations.  I used the profile today to overlay a record created in
Acquisitions that actually needed original cataloging in OCLC.

First, I would find, edit, and export an OCLC record to my desktop.

Then, in the Metadata Editor I edited the 035 field to match the record I
just exported.  (Then Save and Release the record.  If the record is
locked, the incoming bib will not overlay.)

And then, I import the new record using the overlay profile.  I have
attached a document that shows the way I set up the import profile for
Edmonds which may be different from the way Bellevue is importing MARC
records.

I hope this helps,

George

--
George Babcock
Library Acquisitions
george.babcock at email.edcc.edu

"What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?" -- Nick Lowe