[Wactclc-alma] Auto-truncation for a repository search?

Nina Pitts NPitts at pencol.edu
Mon Mar 6 13:01:19 PST 2017

Hi, all,

We have not discovered how to configure our repository searches to allow truncation of the search terms. In Voyager, this was easy to do (although the settings were specific to each PC) - it was in options>preferences>workflow>allow truncation for non-keyword searches. In Alma, we have also tried using wildcard characters such as ?, * and #, to no avail. (Maybe we just haven't found the right ones?)

We are accustomed to typing in only the first few letters of a call number, title or subject, and returning a useful list of results. I know we can somewhat replicate this ability by using an advanced search and choosing various conditions (starts with, or equals, for example), but this isn't as straightforward or speedy as what we did in Voyager.

Any tips for us?
Thanks very much,

Nina

Nina Pitts