[Wactclc-alma] Creating bibliographies (From Jane Blume, Bellingham)

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Mon Jun 5 13:36:11 PDT 2017

I'm reposting the message below to the mailing list. For some reason, the listserve server bounced the message when it was initially received.

I need your collective wisdom. Have any of you created a bibliography with Primo/Alma? We need to create several bibliographies for program accreditation documents this summer.

I see I can export items to EasyBib, Refworks, Endnote, or RIS. (Also Delicious, but it has not been activated here.) I looked into Zotero, but it appears that Primo does not play well with Zotero. I found a multiple step process to export the RIS to Zotero on a university's LibGuide, but it was several pages long and it looked like there would be quite a bit of editing afterwards.

Have you heard anything about which software works the best or have you used any of them in Primo/Alma? The citations need to be in APA. Formerly, when we subscribed to EasyBib, I was not impressed with the accuracy of its APA citations. I've looked into purchasing an individual license for Endnote ($250/year) and EasyBib ($120/year). Refworks is through ProQuest. I suspect I can't just purchase one license, but have not asked.

Thank you.

Jane

Jane Blume
Director
Library | Media Services
Bellingham Technical College
3028 Lindbergh Ave.
Bellingham, WA 98225
jblume at btc.edu<mailto:jblume at btc.edu>
360.752.8472 - office
360.752.8383 - library

[Title: Big Bend Community College Logo]

Big Bend Community College

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu>

Big Bend Community College * 7662 Chanute Street NE * Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299