[Wactclc-alma] Calendaring

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Wed Apr 5 13:27:34 PDT 2017

Lesley,

You can safely remove the past calendar events, as long as their removal doesn't impact any potential overdue fines for active transactions.

That is, if you charge overdue fines, overdue fines can potentially be different if you remove closed days while the transaction is still active.

So, in practical terms, any past calendar events over 6 months old should be safe to delete or edit with an updated date or date range. (That is, unless you have some freakishly long checkout periods.)

I would suggest updating your 'end of year' date right before closing on 6/16, or right at the beginning of the next work day (6/17, or whatever date it might be).

Wade Guidry - wadeg at bigbend.edu<mailto:wadeg at bigbend.edu>
Library Consortium Services Manager
Washington Community & Technical Colleges Library Consortium (WACTCLC)
(509) 760-4474