[Wactclc-alma] Sending Students to Collections

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Thu Sep 29 10:31:43 PDT 2016

Lesley,

The switch to ctcLink won't have any impact on overdue notices.

If you're thinking about handing off lost item bills to the registrar electronically, we're a long way away from doing anything like that, to be honest. We still don't even have patron loads and authentication fully working for C1, then we'll have to do all the basic integrations (auth, patron load) for C2, and C3. And meanwhile, we'll have to deal with switching the existing the PPMS / SMS patron load process to ctcLink. So, doing 'bursar out' is way out there, at least as a consortium effort. That's not to say that an individual institution (or a group of institutions) couldn't pursue it on their own. That integration also requires awareness, commitment and resources on the institutional registrar side.

Meanwhile, if you want to print overdue / lost notices, as well as email them, check out "Letter Send Format" in Lost and Overdue Loan profile. You can set that to email, print, or both. So, if you want to try to print notices, as well as email them, it's possible. You just need a printer email address configured for the relevant circ desk, and an email account that receives and can print those notices. (This is actually something I just became aware of recently, after I learned that Bellingham is doing this. I don't recall that option being there during Alliance migration. Or, it might have been, but wasn't widely discussed, as I'm not aware anyone was printing overdue notices.

Wade Guidry - wadeg at bigbend.edu<mailto:wadeg at bigbend.edu>
Library Consortium Services Manager
Washington Community & Technical Colleges Library Consortium (WACTCLC)
(509) 760-4474