[Wactclc-alma] Hello cohort 1

Paula Laine plaine at bellevuecollege.edu
Fri Oct 21 08:41:33 PDT 2016

There's a MAILING LIST for us? I have been feeling pretty disconnected so this is wonderful. (Thank you, Dale for the information)

Couple things: I decided that all my vendors charge tax whether they do or not. I still send paper invoices to finance and hopefully the tax they figure will be close enough to what I put in the system.
I tried that governmental vendor tax thing and NOPE. I try to split my Amazon orders and use a credit card for any third party sellers who do not charge tax. If they end up on the regular Amazon invoice finance does not notice that the tax is wrong, so that will still need some special attention. I have sent some things to be paid that are not in ALMA yet so I need to sort that out.

Normalization rules broke my head. I used all the instructions I could find, but got stuck SO MANY TIMES. I was trying to add the $h [videorecording] in the 245 of selected records. I will say that I finally did it, but it was not worth the angst. I will do my editing in OCLC where I have a macro to strip out all the fields I don't want. I expect we don't need the 245 $h anymore, but I wanted to try on something "simple" HA!

Today I want to know why items that have been received are still showing up on the list of things to be received. It even shows that 1 copy was received (! Copy was ordered). I don't know why, and right now I don't care a whole lot as long as the things I want to receive are on there.

My two cents.

Paula Laine
Bellevue College
Library Media Center