[Wactclc-alma] Daily Reports & Alma Printer

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue Oct 11 11:14:32 PDT 2016

>> When daily overdue and lost item letters/reports are run daily (ours run at 4:00 pm), is that when they go to overdue and lost status, or is it when the patron is notified?

It should be both.

You can confirm this by going to monitor job history, and looking at your recently finished Fulfillment jobs. You can look at one of the lost and overdue jobs, and look at the detail to see which users were sent notices. Then, you can go to the patron record, and look at the attachments tab to see the corresponding notice that was sent, and also look at the patron and item record to view the recent patron activity that has taken place.

As previously mentioned, and as Whatcom has done, if you would prefer to run that job later than 4pm, you can open a sales force case and ask them to schedule it for a later time…

>> Are both the email and letter/report printed at this time?

It depends on a number of things:

1.      The circ desk configuration – Namely, do you have a printer configured for the appropriate circ desk.

Traci, in your case, you have your circ desk pointed to: almaprint at btc.edu<mailto:almaprint at btc.edu>, so that looks good

2.      The overdue and lost loan profiles configuration – Namely, do you have those profiles being sent to email, print, or both, and to which printer.

Traci, for example, your “Students Notify 3 Days” profile is set to be delivered to both (print and email). And is being sent to the “Bellingham Technical College Library - Circ Printer”, which I believe is your almaprint at btc.edu<mailto:almaprint at btc.edu> printer. But you have 3 printers defined for your library. I’d remove any that don’t actually exist, to make sure that the profile is configured for a valid printer.

3.      The email address you’re printing to.

Traci, in your case, that’s ‘almaprint at btc.edu’. Where are those emails going? Have you looked in that email account to see if the account is receiving anything? It should be receiving the notices of any notice profiles configured to go to a printer.

If the account isn’t receiving any notices, then your mail server may be rejecting email coming from Alma.

Then, the next question is, how are those emails received at almaprint at btc.edu<mailto:almaprint at btc.edu> getting to a printer? Is someone checking the email account, and manually printing them? Is there any outlook client open and running for that account, with an incoming mail rule to print anything coming from Alma?

How those notices get from the email account to the printer is not determined by Alma itself, but by local configuration decisions. Ie, how do the emails, after they have been received, make their way to a printer.

>> we are having a problem with our daily letters/reports not printing. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Has something changed in your environment? That is, were the letters printing at one time, and now they are not?

Wade Guidry - wadeg at bigbend.edu<mailto:wadeg at bigbend.edu>
Library Consortium Services Manager
Washington Community & Technical Colleges Library Consortium (WACTCLC)
(509) 760-4474