[Wactclc-alma] Configure in Alma? Amazon and Table of Contents links in Primo "Details" tab

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Fri Oct 7 17:02:19 PDT 2016

The links to Amazon in Primo are part of the normalization rules configuration (to which we do not have direct access, as Total Care customers) as described here:

https://knowledge.exlibrisgroup.com/Primo/Product_Documentation/Interoperability_Guide/040Linking_to_Delivery_Systems/100Amazon

I suspect you will want to keep the Amazon cover art display active.

So, the decision point is whether to have the Amazon TOC and Amazon item links fixed (if there is a problem), or have those links disabled in your Primo instance.

A Salesforce case will be required in either case.

Nicole, I would suggest opening an SF case, providing an example (send them a permalink to the record), indicate that the TOC and/or Amazon item links are not working. And whether you would like to disable/remove them, or have them work properly.

I can tell you that, within the Alliance, discovery interface links to for-profit vendors like Amazon were generally considered bad form, and were disabled by institutions.

Wade Guidry - wadeg at bigbend.edu<mailto:wadeg at bigbend.edu>
Library Consortium Services Manager
Washington Community & Technical Colleges Library Consortium (WACTCLC)
(509) 760-4474