[Lln] Undocumented Students - Legislators Forum

Edward Esparza eesparza at sbctc.edu
Mon Jan 29 15:08:27 PST 2018

On behalf of the SBCTC Legislative Intern, Daniela Suarez,  please note the following important announcement, please share with anyone you feel might be interested - Thanks Edward

The Racial Equity Team with help from the offices of Reps Gregerson and Hansen is organizing a forum on Jan 30th for undocumented students and legislators to get together.   We aim to create a safe space for students to interact with their representatives and tell their stories and push HB 1488 along. Many undocumented students have been uncomfortable openly testifying in hearing or providing written statements, so this is a chance to directly talk to representatives in a space that's as safe as we can manage to create. Please invite students at your schools that would be interested in sharing their story. This is going to greatly help undocumented students get access to higher education.

I attached the flyer you can had to students you think would be interested in attending. Again please do not disperse this information on social media or through huge outlets. Invite others to this event.

Thank you for all the work you do

Edward Esparza, MA
SBCTC, Policy Associate, Student Services
1300 Quince Street SE
Olympia, WA 98504
360-704-4319
eesparza at sbctc.edu