[LIBRARYDIR] Feedback Requested on Library Rubric for Baccalaureate Programs

Christie Flynn CFlynn at pierce.ctc.edu
Fri Mar 22 10:48:17 PDT 2024

Hi Library Directors and Deans,

This email is follow up to a conversation from last week's LLC meeting.

At the winter LLC meeting, we requested feedback on the New Library Rubric DRAFT<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HEzlsTXrIVL0nKh3pl-9OFi6XhXtUqeV/edit#gid=930746429> for the Baccalaureate Program Approval Process<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/bachelors-degrees/bachelors-program-approval-application>. (Sheet one of the Library Rubric spreadsheet is the crosswalk from the old rubric. Sheet two is the New Rubric Draft.)

In case you were not at LLC and need context:

A small task force (Howard, Jacquelyn, Julie, Greg, and Christie) was convened in fall 2023 to update the existing BAS Library Rubric<https://www.sbctc.edu/resources/documents/colleges-staff/commissions-councils/blc/library-rubric-for-bas-degrees.pdf> to align it with the new NWCCU library standards. We were tasked with:

  *   Revising and updating the rubric to align with Standard 2H1 from NWCCU
  *   Gathering feedback from LLC on the revised rubric
  *   Getting approval from LLC and BLC (Baccalaureate Leadership  Council) to use the new rubric
  *   Getting the new rubric integrated into the revised Baccalaureate Program Approval Process.

Please send me your feedback on the rubric above no later than Tuesday, April 2.  The task force would like to incorporate your feedback prior to presenting a draft to BLC for feedback on April 15. You can send feedback directly to me cflynn at pierce.ctc.edu<mailto:cflynn at pierce.ctc.edu> or 253-964-6553. You can also reach out to anyone else on the taskforce with questions.

Thank you,

Christie Flynn

Greg Bem

Howard Fuller