[LIBRARYDIR] The 2024 Washington's Annual Canvas Conference (WACC) Call for Proposals has been extended!

Ventura, Gerie gventura at highline.edu
Mon Jan 8 10:57:27 PST 2024

CAUTION: This email originated from outside Highline College. Do not click links or open attachments unless you validate the sender and know the content is safe. If you are unsure, contact the Help Desk at x4357 (206-592-4357) or email helpdesk at highline.edu.

Please share with all who may be interested …

What are you waiting for?

[Four arms with hands clasping wrists arranged in a square with the conference theme "Empower!" and WACC 2024]

WACC 2024 proposal deadline extended to January 26th!

The 2024 WACC conference theme is EMPOWER! and we're excited to learn about how you are empowering yourself, your students, and your fellow instructors and staff. The eLearning Council is dedicated to equity, diversity, and inclusion and we’re looking for proposals that reflect equity-minded and re-imagined teaching, learning, and technology practices.

The conference will be held in-person at Tacoma Community College and virtually in Zoom - Wednesday and Thursday, March 27th – 28th, 2024. Due to feedback from last year's attendees, we strongly encourage you to present in person.

All are welcome to present, so come share your amazing work! This includes faculty, staff, librarians, IT folks, instructional designers, admins, access services, student services, veteran’s services, tribal liaisons, students, and the list goes on and on. The first round of proposal approvals is already underway, but you still have an opportunity to have your topic considered.

Submit a WACC 2024 Proposal<https://forms.gle/NVVHVUHmNCU5idDVA>

To submit a proposal, click the link above or copy and paste the link below into your browser.

https://bit.ly/WACC2024-cfp

It’s not just all about Canvas! We're open to receiving proposals on ALL types of teaching, learning, and technology topics, especially topics that incorporate equity-minded and re-imagined practices. Whether your presentation is designed for newbies, veterans, instructors, staff, tech wizards, people who write their passwords on post-it notes affixed to their monitor, or anyone in between - we’re interested and eager to consider your submission. Some potential topic areas to consider are:

  *   All things Canvas from newbie hints to expert hacks to best practices to advanced features
  *   Anything advancing equity, inclusion, and accessibility
  *   Open Educational Resources (OER)
  *   Excellent pedagogy/andragogy methods, practices, and tips
  *   New tools for empowering students
  *   Everybody’s favorite buzzword, AI
  *   If all else fails, don’t forget “Other”

Please contact our professional development work group chair, Tim Trussler at ttrussler at batestech.edu<mailto:ttrussler at batestech.edu>, with WACC in the subject line for questions about the proposal submission process. Thank you and we look forward to reading your proposal!

The WA eLearning Council

Professional Development Work Group

Thanks,

😊 Alissa

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Alissa Sells (she/her/hers) - Hear me say it!<https://namedrop.io/alissasells>

Policy Associate, Educational Resources & Innovation

asells at sbctc.edu<mailto:asells at sbctc.edu> • 425.239.0456 • @WAeLearning

Ed Tech Professional Development Opportunities<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/educational-technology-open-education/elearning-professional-development.aspx>

ELC Professional Development Calendar<https://sites.google.com/site/waelearningcouncil/calendar-training-conferences-and-events>

Alissa’s Current Projects<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E974KNpdyvUndCqAugPcvqRMzCSW-xqKGe6Hv0kHxOw/edit?usp=sharingC:\Users\Alissa\Documents\Custom%20Office%20Templates>