[LIBRARYDIR] OER & Low-Cost Labeling Policies Honored with 2023 Open Education Awards

Boyoung Chae bchae at sbctc.edu
Wed Sep 13 16:58:17 PDT 2023

Washington's OER & Low-Cost Labeling Policies Honored with 2023 Open Education Awards

[Award announcement poster]

We are humbled to share the news that Washington's OER and Low-Cost Labeling Policies have been recognized with the 2023 Open Education Awards for Excellence<https://awards.oeglobal.org/> in the Open Policy category.

We extend our gratitude to the system groups whose support has been invaluable in achieving this recognition. This includes, but is not limited to, WACTCSA, ELC, LLC, CLAWS, IC, CUSP, WSSSC, MSSDC, FACTC, OCET, Bookstore Council, and the ATL community.

A special note of appreciation goes to the state's student leadership group, WACTCSA. Their leadership in conducting the 2018 survey, which garnered 10,050 responses from our students, has been instrumental in both establishing the policy and passing it into law in 2020.

Finally, we extend our deepest thanks to our faculty members who bravely took on this challenge. Their commitment to integrating OER and low-cost materials into their courses has made the implementation of this policy a reality.

For insights into these policies, we invite you to explore our OER & Low-Cost Labeling: Implementation Guide<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/educational-technology-open-education/oer-low-cost-label-implementation>. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or thoughts.

Respectfully,
Boyoung

Boyoung Chae, Ph.D. (hear me say it<https://namedrop.io/boyoungchae>)

Policy Associate, Educational Technology & Open Education

Openwa.org<http://www.openwa.org/> | OER & Low-Cost Label<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/educational-technology-open-education/oer-low-cost-label-implementation.aspx>

bchae at sbctc.edu<mailto:bchae at sbctc.edu> | 360-628-3549 | She/her pronouns