[LIBRARYDIR] Non-refundable Fees?

Howard Fuller hfuller at whatcom.edu
Tue Sep 5 12:07:10 PDT 2023

Hi Dawn,

We charge an overdue fine only for Calculators. It's a $15 flat fee. We don't charge late fee's for chargers, cords, etc.  IT handles checkout of computers and related equipment. Let me know if you'd like information pertaining to that kind of equipment and I'll share it with you during breakfast later this week. We've had conversations about bringing back broader fines as students sit on equipment and material for several quarters, eg, calc's, leading to other students dropping math classes due to the cost of equipment. We've students that literally live across the street from the college and are perfectly able bodied and "can't" return material because they are "watching a movie with friends" or "at the beach." We've a drop box that's open 24 hours .

Howard