[LIBRARYDIR] Laptop losses

Fuhrman, Tim timf at bigbend.edu
Mon Nov 20 09:36:31 PST 2023

That actually sounds pretty good.  We don't really run percentages.  Our biggest problem is we are no longer able to block grades, registration or transcripts. That worked REALLY WELL!  Once that option was taken away the only thing we could do was send email, call, letters, etc. but they just ignore those until we send them to collection and then they get upset with us. Our adult basic skills and several other departments that buy laptops for their students will not allow us to send their students to collection. The word gets out and those areas are the worst to for getting laptops back.

NEWSFLASH: We just discovered a couple weeks ago our IT department can remotely shut down internet access to our laptops. NEWS TO US! We've started doing that but it is too early to know how effective it will be.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D288FB.64E12050]

Tim Fuhrman

Director of Library Resources
& eLearning

Big Bend Community College

timf at bigbend.edu<mailto:timf at bigbend.edu>

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu/>

Bonaudi Library (ATEC/1800 Building)•7662 Chanute Street NE•Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299