[LIBRARYDIR] Got any OER News to share?

Bem, Greg Greg.Bem at scc.spokane.edu
Wed Nov 1 10:53:20 PDT 2023

Hi Boyoung,

Here is SCC's update for your next newsletter!

Community Colleges of Spokane is exited to announce a Community of Practice (CoP) in Winter Quarter that will help faculty learn some Pressbooks basics and begin adopting, adapting, and creating content. Thanks to a 1-year subscription to Pressbooks, sponsored by the Washington State Library<https://www.sos.wa.gov/library/>, through SBCTC, faculty across our district have been working to build accessible OER through Pressbooks. The Community of Practice will ensure continued support for faculty as the Pressbooks work extends beyond this first year. This work is supported by additional grant funds, thanks to a generous 2023 Welty Grant award, that will sustain significant work in Pressbooks and will provide a stipend to faculty in the CoP. Two additional CoPs will be funded by the 2023 Welty Grant in upcoming academic years.

Greg Bem (he/him) | Librarian
Spokane Community College Library | MS 2160
1810 N. Greene St. | Spokane WA 99217-5399
509-533-8821 | greg.bem at ccs.spokane.edu<mailto:greg.bem at ccs.spokane.edu>