[LIBRARYDIR] community borrowers

Margret Mills Margret.Mills at skagit.edu
Mon May 1 13:18:32 PDT 2023

SVC offers a community borrower card to individuals within our service area for $20 a year or $5 a quarter.   CB’s may borrow books, cd’s, dvd’s from the library.  They may use our computers unless students need to use all that are available.  We do not do ILL’s for them nor are they allowed to use student study rooms.  They are limited to 10 items.

The libraries in Skagit County are all individual.  For folks that live outside city limits, a library card costs about $100 a year.  So, we do get inquiries.  I also suggest that people come in and see what we offer before paying for our card as we have a different type of collection than a public library does – this surprises some people.

Muggs