[LIBRARYDIR] Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement

Thomas, Kirsti Kirsti.Thomas at seattlecolleges.edu
Thu Jun 8 10:51:52 PDT 2023

Greg,

Re: Handling it in Alma...

I've created 3 user groups-- student, faculty, staff-- for each WACTCLC institution.

That's probably overkill and you could probably get away with just a "WACTCLC Patron" user group, but I thought having the institution name in the user group would help circ staff know which library to contact in situations where people didn't return library materials (which has actually happened more than once). If you use a  "WACTCLC Patron" user group, you'll need some other way to record which institution someone is affiliated with in their patron record. Maybe a note in the patron record?

Patron accounts in Alma are created as "Internal users" and people have to show proof of current student or employee status + provide us with their EMPLID when requesting an account.

Loan rules in Alma for the WACTCLC patrons (still turned off from COVID shutdown) allow them to borrow/renew for the same periods as our students, faculty & staff but they're not allowed to place holds.

Hope this helps. Happy to answer more detailed questions off list.

It will be ok!

Kirsti S. Thomas (Hear my first name<http://namedrop.io/kirstithomas>)
Library Technical Services Manager & Systems Librarian
Seattle Colleges
kirsti.thomas at seattlecolleges.edu