[LIBRARYDIR] Cameras in the Library

Morgan, Heather Heather.Morgan at sfcc.spokane.edu
Fri Dec 1 10:35:54 PST 2023

Hello,

I don't have much information, but for safety and security our district is looking into putting cameras around the college campuses in public spaces (inside and outside) which include the library.

Our library has other Learning Support departments located within it and we're discussing this topic and potential unintended impact it might have on people using services if recorded. Security vs privacy is a sticky wicket.

Do other libraries have surveillance cameras? Do you have policies? What has your experiences been?

Thank you,
heather

Heather Morgan | Library Faculty | Dept Chair
Spokane Falls Community College Library
509-533-3807 | heather.morgan at sfcc.spokane.edu<mailto:heather.morgan at sfcc.spokane.edu>
24/7 Chat with a Librarian<https://bit.ly/sfcclibchat>
SFCC Library Canvas Course<https://bit.ly/sfcclibrary>
Upcoming SFCC Library Workshops<https://bit.ly/sfcclibraryworkshops>

"A library is a house of hope. It's a place where we all, whatever our situation, can feed our ideas and develop our dreams." - Doug Wilhelm

 [cid:image001.jpg at 01D56E07.C3FFDF10]