[GuidedPathways] Registration for the 2024 Winter Math Retreat is Now Open!

Monica Wilson mwilson at sbctc.edu
Mon Jan 22 10:14:12 PST 2024

Greetings Math & BEdA Faculty!

Registration for the 2024 Winter Math Retreat is now open!<https://eventactions.com/eareg.aspx?ea=Rsvp&invite=ge7t9y00bgakjem4s060s0v102s95dshhkgt11cm1npmacknr3be>

Date: Friday, March 8, 2024
Time: 8:30 - 3:30
Location: Everett Community College’s Jackson Conference Center
Audience: Math Faculty, BEdA Math Faculty, and Staff/Administrators in these areas interested in learning more about supporting college level math completion using Academic I-BEST and co-requisites. College teams are encouraged to register and attend together.

The 2024 Winter Math Retreat is free to all faculty and staff in the Washington Community and Technical College system and will include two presentations with guided workshop time:

  *   Math I-BEST Team Teacher Training led by Will Durden, SBCTC Director of Basic Education for Adults, and Dr. Christie Knighton, Highline College Faculty
  *   How to Make Math Corequisites Work for You and Your Students led by Kathleen Almy, founder of Almy Educational Consulting<https://www.almyeducation.com/>.

Teams of faculty from math and BEdA are encouraged, but not required for attendance.

To learn more and register, please visit the SBCTC Calendar<https://www.sbctc.edu/calendar?trumbaEmbed=view%3Devent%26eventid%3D172094983>.

I hope to see you there!

This event is supported by Student Success Center<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/student-success-center/> staff and College Spark Washington<https://collegespark.org/> funding.

For more information about Math Pathways and Placement work happening in Washington, please read the Winter Newsletter<https://docs.google.com/document/d/15ybqRokEpk9LbG8YW5yLcqmw2JnViK0bIc6Evn4PB4w/edit?usp=sharing>, join the CTC Math Listserv<https://lists.ctc.edu/mailman/listinfo/math_lists.ctc.edu>, and/or email Dawn Draus to get enrolled in the Math Pathways and Placement Canvas<mailto:ddraus at sbctc.edu?subject=Canvas%20Course%20Enrollment> course.

Please feel encouraged to share this email with colleagues.

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Dawn Draus (she/her)
Policy Associate Math Pathways and Placement
📰 2024 Winter Math Pathways and Placement Newsletter<https://docs.google.com/document/d/15ybqRokEpk9LbG8YW5yLcqmw2JnViK0bIc6Evn4PB4w/edit?usp=sharing>
ddraus at sbctc.edu<mailto:ddraus at sbctc.edu> • 📅 Schedule a Zoom Meeting with Me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/34479532411047318339ed09a88c0970@sbctc.edu/meetingtype/SVRwCe7HMUGxuT6WGxi68g2?anonymous>

SBCTC Vision
“Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities.”