[GuidedPathways] Building Better Math Pathways

Ashley Montenegro Ramirez amontenegro at sbctc.edu
Wed Dec 6 15:12:36 PST 2023

From: MarcusAntonio Gunn <magunn at sbctc.edu<mailto:magunn at sbctc.edu>>
Sent: Wednesday, 6 December, 2023 10:04

Subject: Building Better Math Pathways

This message is being sent on behalf of MarcusAntonio Gunn and Dawn Draus
People who care about building better math pathways,
Please join us for "Building Better Math Pathways" an in-person training at Green River College for faculty, staff, and administrators committed to ensuring equitable math pathways are available to every BEdA student. We want to invite your institution to participate in this cohort work.
This invite is for faculty, deans, advisors/navigators, and other relevant personnel from BOTH academic mathematics and BEdA departments. We are asking each college to build and assign a team to join us in this important work. BEdA Deans/Directors, please connect with your Academic Dean to build a collaborative team of 3-5 people. CBOs (Community Based Organizations), there is space for you too; please consider registering.
This training allows faculty, administrators, and staff across all mission areas to examine common misconceptions to break down silos and build relationships. Additionally, we will explore the connections between the College and Career Readiness Standards and the Bridge to College Math Curriculum, using examples of curricula implemented in BEdA. Participants can expect to dive deeper into developing articulation agreements that embed BEdA into math and STEM pathways.
The asynchronous portion of the training, offered through Canvas, will lead participants through a pre-workshop module to learn more about BEdA and CASAS testing on their campus. The synchronous portion of the in-person training at Green River College will facilitate roundtable discussions to delve more extensively into BEdA math content, challenging institutions to continue building community for sustaining this work.
There is NO cost for this training.
Building Better Math Pathways<https://eventactions.com/eareg.aspx?ea=Rsvp&invite=0xfw7scnutkhxgg66y6wgscr3m5r3tmkg827grmr9ake5xahdynk>
February 19-23, 2024
___________
February 23, 2024
8 am-4 pm
Canvas
____________
In-person @ Green River
Registration closes
Feb 2, 2023.
Dean/Director: This training is BEdA -- SBCTC (State Board for Community and Technical Colleges) sponsored and can be paid for with Leadership Block Grant funding. The dean/director may request additional funding for training by contacting Troy Goracke at tgroracke at sbctc.edu<mailto:tgroracke at sbctc.edu>
Questions regarding training, contact MarcusAntonio Gunn, magunn at sbctc.edu<mailto:magunn at sbctc.edu>
Questions regarding the registration link, contact Christy Lowder, clowder at sbctc.edu<mailto:clowder at sbctc.edu>
SBCTC online registration system

  *   Use the SBCTC online registration system.
     *   The link above will navigate to our online registration form. Provide your information, after you submit your information, you will receive an automatic email with the details of your registration.

** Academics, please coordinate your registration with the Dean or Director of Basic Education for Adults (Transitions, College and Career Prep) on your campus.

Remember, make every day the best YOU can. "And if you can't, don't' DARE go messing up anybody else's." -  Tabatha Brown

*MarcusAntonio is my full first name. Please don't shorten it.[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]
MarcusAntionio Gunn, ABD (he/she|him/her|his/hers)<https://medium.com/gender-inclusivit/why-i-put-pronouns-on-my-email-signature-and-linkedin-profile-and-you-should-too-d3dc942c8743>
Policy Associate, Basic Education for Adults
Equity, Diversity, Inclusiveness and Barrier Mitigation

SBCTC Vision
"Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities.