[Factc] FEEDBACK NEEDED: Proposal, Opentextbook for Proftech

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Wed Sep 16 08:39:32 PDT 2020

Please see a message below from Dr. Boyoung Chae in our Educational Technology & Open Education department at SBCTC:

SBCTC will be applying for a Department of Education (DOE) grant to develop a set of open textbooks in professional technical programs such as welding, automotive, health care, early childhood education, etc.

  *   Dr. Chae has been working with the Workforce Education Council (WEC) to identify faculty members to determine the small set of courses to join the first pilot.
  *   Dr. Chae still needs to identify more professional-technical courses for the first pilot.

ACTION ITEM: Please contact Dr. Chae at bchae at sbctc.edu if you have recommendations for potential courses.

THANK YOU!

Jennifer

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]

Jennifer Whetham (pronouns: she/her/hers)

Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC)

jwhetham at sbctc.edu<mailto:jwhetham at sbctc.edu> • o: 360-704-4354 • c: 206-310-1291

Register for  the Fall 2020 Faculty Institute:"Leading with Racial Equity During COVID 19<https://bit.ly/31oKB21>"

Join a STEM Community of Practice<https://bit.ly/2PHRW7z>

Antiracist Writing Assessment Ecology Grant: Read More<https://bit.ly/2CcZoo0>