[Factc] Targeted Support for Math Faculty During COVID-19

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Fri May 8 12:51:16 PDT 2020

Friends and Colleagues:

Please share the note below from Dr. Laura Schueller with folks who teach math.

Key Question: What kinds of ongoing targeted support do faculty who teach math need or desire during the pandemic?

Thank you!

Jennifer
________________________________

Washington CTC Math Faculty,

There was very little time to move from traditional face to face instruction to a completely remote model in time for spring quarter, and I have been amazed and impressed with the degree to which you have all supported each other, learned from and shared with each other and taken advantage of resources wherever you could find them to recast your courses.

With spring courses now underway, I believe that continuing to share with and learn from each other will be necessary to both effectively confront issues as they continue to arise this quarter and to prepare for the coming quarters.

With that in mind, I have constructed a short Google Form to collect your feedback to determine how best to support math faculty going forward.  I invite you both to submit your feedback and share the link with anyone on your campus (full or part time, in the math department or not) who teaches mathematics.

https://forms.gle/itYtNvi87b3ZPg9c8

Thank you in advance for your feedback,

Laura Schueller

Laura M Schueller | Student Success Center Policy Associate
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
1300 Quince St SE | PO Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
lschueller at sbctc.edu<mailto:lschueller at sbctc.edu>