[Factc] Pro D for STEM Faculty During COVID 19

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Sat Mar 28 16:01:25 PDT 2020

Dear VPIs, ATC, Workforce Deans, eLearning, and FACTC,
Please see the e-mail I sent to STEM faculty a few minutes ago.
Please forward to STEM educators you know who are in need of support right now.
Thank you so much.
Peace,
Jen

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]

Jennifer Whetham (pronouns: she/her/hers)

Assessment, Teaching, and Learning (ATL), Education Division

Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC)

jwhetham at sbctc.edu<mailto:jwhetham at sbctc.edu> • o: 360-704-4354 • c: 206-310-1291

"What's Your Biggest Pro D Need?: Take the Survey<http://bit.ly/2wSZJcu>

“The problems of racism in writing classrooms are not primarily pedagogical problems to solve alone. Racism is an assessment problem, which can only be fully solved by changing the system of assessment, by changing the classroom writing assessment ecology. Thus assessment must be reconceived as an antiracist ecology.”

 [*]        Asao B. Inoue, Antiracist Writing Assessment Ecologies<http://bit.ly/2xvacY4>