[Factc] Faculty Leadership in Guided Pathways: Chasing the Edge of a 2, 000 Pound Amoeba

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Mon Nov 18 10:41:33 PST 2019

Hey, everyone!

This weekend at the Assessment, Teaching, and Learning Retreat<http://bit.ly/33194ZY>, we did a deep dive into strategically engaging faculty in your guided pathways redesign. One of the topics that emerged was the notion of faculty leadership.

So Bill and I have an emergent podcast Assessment Matters<https://apple.co/2XpuAq9>, and I was talking to amazing leaders Kate Krieg and Lynn Kanne over lunch at the retreat, it made me think of an episode we recorded a few years ago.

Episode #2: Faculty Leadership in Guided Pathways-- "The Faculty Super Power<https://apple.co/2r3I12S>": Chasing the Edge of a 2,000 Pound Amoeba.

This episode was inspired by a presentation at the 2018 Spring Assessment, Teaching, and Learning Conference facilitated by fabulous faculty members Kristine Washburn (Physics) and Anne Brackett (Chemistry), co-recipients of the 2018 Anna Sue McNeill ATL Award.

You'll get an inside peek into how Anne and Kristine framed equity, transformative leadership, and faculty leadership in the early years of Everett's Guided Pathways redesign.

Bill and I will be recording new episodes based on the responses we've received from the faculty survey and from the larger themes that emerged at the retreat, so stay tuned!

Peace,

Jen

PS-- Want to check out our other episodes? Follow us on iTunes <https://apple.co/2XpuAq9> or GooglePlay<http://bit.ly/2CR6ACZ>.

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Jennifer Whetham (pronouns: she/her/hers)

Assessment, Teaching, and Learning (ATL), Education Division

Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC)

jwhetham at sbctc.edu<mailto:jwhetham at sbctc.edu> • o: 360-704-4354 • c: 206-310-1291

2019-20 ATL Initiative: "Supporting Faculty Engagement in Guided Pathways<http://bit.ly/2BpQe3q>"

Add Your Voice: Take the Survey<http://bit.ly/2odbDJM>

“The problems of racism in writing classrooms are not primarily pedagogical problems to solve alone. Racism is an assessment problem, which can only be fully solved by changing the system of assessment, by changing the classroom writing assessment ecology. Thus assessment must be reconceived as an antiracist ecology.”

 [*]        Asao B. Inoue, Antiracist Writing Assessment Ecologies<http://bit.ly/2xvacY4>